Honor Our Heroes Foundation
HOH interview on "The Hilton Head News".
Honor Our Heroes is featured in CH2 Magazine
Read the article here
HOH Awards Small Business Grant
Jared Mayhew, center left, was awarded an HOH Small Business Grant in April. With this grant, Jared was able to purchase 10 crab traps, floats, line and rigging as well as a $500 gas card. The gear and gas will assist his company, J&W Seafood Company, with a head start on the local crabbing season which is about to start soon.
Did you know...
- 20% of the soldiers who have been deployed in the past 6 years have PTSD. That's over 300,000 soldiers.
- The VA estimates that a veteran takes his or her own life every 80 minutes —22 everyday, 6,500 suicides per year. That’s 20 percent of all suicides in the United States.
- Studies estimate that 1 in every 5 military personnel returning from Iraq and Afghanistan has PTSD.
- 12.4% of post 9/11 veterans live in poverty.
-The U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee
- More than 20,000 veterans, active-duty troops and reservists lost their homes in 2010 — the highest number since 2003.
Our veterans deserve better than this. We hope you will join us in helping those who have given so much.