We have teamed up with Conviction Training Facility to raise funds for local veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and Traumatic Brain Injury. We introduce the $2/2 minute challenges to draw attention to the number of veterans we lose each day to suicide (22). Learn more HERE
HOH on The Bluffton News
Memorial Day Week 2014
"More than Stress" in the May issue of CH2
Read the article here. (Thank you Courtney).
PTSD Talk, Google Hangout. Progress and hope.
HOH with Station 300 on "Talk of the Town".
(22 April 2014)
Pictured from L to R: Mr. Bowser, HOH Board member Joe Mezera, Murphy the dog, and Jake Walsh.
Each year, the Bowser family holds a private golf tournament based In the Hilton Head and Bluffton area. This year, HOH was the recipient of the proceeds.
HOH interview on "The Hilton Head News".
(Memorial Day weekend 2013).
Honor Our Heroes is featured in CH2 Magazine
Read the article here
HOH Awards Small Business Grant
Jared Mayhew, center left, was awarded an HOH Small Business Grant in April. With this grant, Jared was able to purchase 10 crab traps, floats, line and rigging as well as a $500 gas card. The gear and gas will assist his company, J&W Seafood Company, with a head start on the local crabbing season which is about to start soon.
Did you know...
- 20% of the soldiers who have been deployed in the past 6 years have PTSD. That's over 300,000 soldiers.
- The VA estimates that a veteran takes his or her own life every 80 minutes —22 everyday, 6,500 suicides per year. That’s 20 percent of all suicides in the United States.
- Studies estimate that 1 in every 5 military personnel returning from Iraq and Afghanistan has PTSD.
- 12.4% of post 9/11 veterans live in poverty.
-The U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee
- More than 20,000 veterans, active-duty troops and reservists lost their homes in 2010 — the highest number since 2003.
Our veterans deserve better than this. We hope you will join us in helping those who have given so much.