Honor Our Heroes Foundation
Did you know...
- 12.4% of post 9/11 veterans live in poverty.
-The U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee
- More than 20,000 veterans, active-duty troops and reservists lost their homes in 2010 — the highest number since 2003.
- The VA estimates that a veteran takes his or her own life every 80 minutes — 6,500 suicides per year. That’s 20 percent of all suicides in the United States.
- Studies estimate that 1 in every 5 military personnel returning from Iraq and Afghanistan has PTSD.
- 20% of the soldiers who have been deployed in the past 6 years have PTSD. That's over 300,000.
Our veterans deserve better than this. We hope you will join us in helping those who have given so much.